Today is my 30th day! Woohoo! Although I thought I would have a serious sense of relief when I finished my ever-present responsibility of daily blogging, I have appreciated the experience of sharing my work days on the blog.
For 30 days, I have learned the ropes at Clairemont, and I am thrilled to share my top moments with you today.
My favorite moments at Clairemont to date: (Cheesy, but they make me grin.)
- Walking in on my very first day and meeting Mrs. Hughens with a smile. I was greeted with a brand new desk, a Macbook and pink accessories. I was at the first day of my first job, and I felt special.
- Learning all of the new apps I would be using each day. In undergrad, I only used Apple for editing in my sound and video production classes. Receiving my Macbook was confirmation that this was a fresh start.
- Learning about each of the clients and what my role would be on each account.
- Meeting Mrs. Hughens’ dog, Billy. He is a sweetie pie, and rubbing him in the office brings joy to my day.
- Learning how to take the initiative on my assigned tasks. I have learned to go the extra mile when researching accounts and client work.
- Getting a sweet treat from PDQ–the new seasonal shake, Toffee Coffee.
- Collaborative learning in the office. Since the office setup is so cozy, we get a chance to talk each day. If I have a quick question, there is no problem asking for help from Sarah or Cherith.
- The expertise of my boss. In our conversations over the past 30 days, I have had multiple opportunities to ask her opinion or counsel, and these mini lessons have given me invaluable information to help with my start in PR.
- The team. Every day I get the chance to work with an amazing, supportive group. I think we could conquer the PR world.
- My first field trip with the team. On our recent new business pitch out of the office, I got a chance to be a part of the meeting. Not only did I get the opportunity to talk to the prospective client, but I also got to sing for them!
- My special Valentine’s Day chocolate heart from Mrs. Hughens. I think the best part about my job is knowing that my boss cares. That’s what makes it a joy to come into work.
What was your favorite blog moment of mine?
Editor’s Note: Clairemont enthusiastically welcomes Jasmin Sessoms to our team! Follow this former beauty queen’s journey as she documents her first 30 days in a Raleigh PR agency.