As Margot mentioned earlier, one of the ways that Clairemont team members work on professional development is by reading. I’m constantly seeking the latest and greatest when it comes to social media and public relations. Recently, I had the chance to review an e-book from our friends at Hubspot entitled, “New Facebook Business Page Timelines,” and I wanted to share a few best practices with you.
1) Think visual! With the integration of timeline comes the opportunity for visual storytelling. The most popular pieces of content are usually photos and videos. If you’re looking for an example of how to tell you company’s story, we recommend checking out the Thomasville Furniture Facebook page. We worked closely with the Thomasville team to collect old photos and milestones for the page. Because the company has a rich history, the options were nearly endless!
2) Use a logo for your profile picture. This is especially important because it visually associates your brand with any sponsored stories or ads that you run.
3) Turn your featured apps into compelling calls-to-action. Because Facebook did away with welcome landing pages, you can now showcase your page’s content using the apps toolbar in the upper right-hand corner. I really like the idea of using text-based images because it allows you to explain the app’s features or benefits to users. Here’s a great example of a call to action:
4) Pin new promotions every seven days. When content stays fresh, engagement will remain steady. I actually recommend pinning things for three days or less, if possible (similar to my recent advice about Facebook advertising).
5) Publish more than once a day. Previously, brands didn’t want to post more than once or twice a day because when you bombard fans with too many posts, they’ll unlike your page. Nowadays, the algorithm for users’ news feeds has changed. If you’re not posting several times a day, your content is getting lost in the feed.
Again, these are just a handful of tips that I found helpful. If you’d like to read more, you can find the e-book here: http://www.hubspot.com/guide-to-new-facebook-business-page-timelines/.
Any more tips to add? We’d love for you to share!