Ah, Valentine’s. Stop and unwrap a few Dove chocolates (or Hershey’s Kisses … whatever your indulgence). At Clairemont, we are using this “season of love” to celebrate our everyday work. We love what we get to do for our clients, and here’s why!
- We never have a dull moment. Nope, never bored in our world! With all that PR encompasses – media relations, brand management, crisis communications, content development, social media management, influencer marketing and the list goes on – it’s endlessly fascinating. No work day is the same, and we love that.
- We love to learn. Over the years, we’ve worked with a bunch of great clients across a number of industries, including British nobility, pepper festivals and chocolate factories. Our job is continuously evolving. To keep up, we have to always be learning. From the latest social media platform, analytics tools or creative trends, our team loves to dig deep and dive in to new ventures.
- We stay on top of trends! One of the many things that PR pros are renowned for is being “in the know.” And we love to dress the part! From breaking news to the latest fashion trends (yes, ruffles and white boots have become popular again!), we’re always switched on to what’s going on in the world. (Remember that time we jumped on the palazzo pant trend?)
- We commit! PR is one of the best businesses for building relationships. The job gives us countless opportunities to network with spirited co-workers, clients, members of the media (news anchors, print journalists, bloggers) and even celebrities! At Clairemont, we love finding new friends and turning them into lifelong pals.
- We love to save the day. PR pros are like ninjas. We think fast on our feet in even the most challenging of crisis situations. Even more, we love making a difference in the community; the Clairemont team takes pride in planning and implementing community events and nonprofit initiatives to improve the lives of those around us.
In PR, what we do today can make a difference on what tomorrow will bring. Revisit your own list of things you love often and revise it as you develop your own goals.
What do you love most about your work?
By the way, on the topic of love, Clairemont “speaks” the five languages of love.
Written by Clairemont Intern Ru Wolle, a senior at NCSU.
Photos from Canva.