Every semester, we always manage to find some AMAZING interns, and we love to tell you all about each of them. This semester, we have three up and coming PR pros – Kate Fedder (who continues interning at Clairemont after a successful summer internship), Sam Halle and Margot Pien (YES! There are two Clairemont “Margots” now!). Sam Halle (we’ll introduce Sam to you in our next blog post) recently sat down with her fellow fall intern, Margot Pien to learn a bit about her. Here’s what she learned:
Margot is a recent graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill (class of 2013) with a degree in Journalism and Mass Communication, with a concentration in advertising, and a minor in English.
While at Carolina, she worked with Chapel Hill’s WXYC 89.3 FM radio station. An already avid concertgoer, Margot’s time at WXYC helped her to realize she could work with music. She has since interned at Smithsonian Folkways Recordings, Music Maker Relief Foundation and Merge Records, and she would love to ultimately work in the music industry or arts management. Currently, Margot shares her time between interning at Clairemont and interning at Redeye Distribution, a distributor for independent music of the southeast.
Want to know more about Margot? Here are few additional fun facts:
- Hailing from Bethesda, MD, Margot now lives in Durham
- While at UNC, she served as the managing editor for Blue & White Magazine and was an active member of Alpha Phi Omega, a co-ed community service fraternity
- She loves to travel, and her favorite destination thus far is Greece
- She has a knack for photography and frequents museums and art exhibits
- She (like myself) is vegetarian and otter-lover
- Considering her spirit animal is a sea otter, it’s fitting that she has quite the affinity for fountains. Her favorite fountain? Rome’s Fontana di Trevi