Enough with all the hype, Miss Piggy! Who’s my favorite Muppet? Why, it’s Kermit, of course!
And who couldn’t love this green little guy? Miss Piggy certainly can’t resist him (she told us in a recent interview), and our friends over at Briar Chapel (client), can’t either! In fact, the Briar Chapel team loves Kermit so much, they’ve written a blog (or two) about him. For today’s Green Thought Thursday, I’d like to re-share some of their ideas, as well as come up with a few of my own, on how to incorporate green living into your everyday lifestyle. And don’t let Kermit fool you — sometimes, it is easy being green.
- Install EPA-approved WaterSense fixtures for your faucets, shower heads and toilets. You’ll save lots of water!
- Grow a rain garden to alleviate storm water run-off. You won’t be sorry — they can be beautiful little sanctuaries!
- Catch, store and recirculate rain water. It can be used for irrigation.
- Conduct a blower door test on your home. You’ll be able to pinpoint leaky cracks and drafty windows.
- Insulate your hot water heater. This is one of the biggest energy consumers in your home! (And don’t forget the pipes!)
- Weather-strip your doors and windows. It’s a cheap way to save even more on your electric bill.
Now it’s your turn. What are some ways you save green by going green in and around your home? Kermit sure could use some reassurance (he doesn’t have a lot of self confidence….Poor guy).